So far 54 people have died after drinking spurious liquor in Chhapra, Bihar. It is believed that this figure can reach beyond 100. However, the administration has so far confirmed only 26 deaths. At the same time, 20 people have died after drinking spurious liquor (Siwan Hooch Tragedy) in Siwan. This is not the first time that people have died after drinking spurious liquor in Bihar, UP, Gujarat or other states. Bihar Police is on high alert and is conducting raids at various places. At one place, the dog squad has caught raw liquor hidden under the ground.
Most of the people believe that country liquor is poisonous liquor. However, this does not happen. Governments issue licenses for making country liquor. It is sold legally at country liquor shops. In contrast, poisoned liquor is not legally valid. It is also called raw wine. It is made and sold secretly in small towns and villages. It is also much cheaper than country liquor. That's why people of low income group consume it and become victims.
Jaggery, water, urea are used to make raw liquor in villages and towns. Many dangerous chemicals are also used in this. Keeping the liquor prepared by this method for a long time also kills insects. Such alcohol becomes poisonous. Raw brewers use oxytocin to rot the jaggery. Apart from this, Nausadar and Urea are also mixed. All these things are very dangerous for the body. When fermentation is done by mixing urea, oxytocin, jaggery and water, methyl alcohol is formed instead of ethyl alcohol. This methyl alcohol itself causes the alcohol to become poisonous. Methyl alcohol is also formed along with ethyl alcohol even if the temperature is not taken care of while making alcohol.