kerala: one student died due to food poisoning, 18 children ill, hotel sealed

Publish Date: 02 May, 2022 |
 

A 17-year-old girl student has died due to food poisoning in Kasaragod, Kerala. Apart from this, 18 children have become ill. It is being said that the children had ordered a dish of chicken from a food stall in Cheruvathur town. The health of the children deteriorated after eating it. The name of the deceased is being told as Devanand.

Cook in custody

The police have also taken action in the matter. The shop from where the children had ordered the chicken dish has been sealed. The police have also taken Cook into custody. Trikaripur MLA M Rajagopalan said, “The shop has been closed and the cook has been taken into custody. Food poisoning can be the reason for the ill health of children.” 

The health department is monitoring the situation. A special team has also been constituted to probe the matter. The MLA further said that samples of the dish have also been sent for examination.

Health Minister ordered an inquiry

At the same time, in this entire matter, the State Health Minister Veena George has ordered an inquiry into the incident. Along with this, he has also sought a report from the agencies. 

A team of doctors, including a pediatrician, examined Devanand, but could not save his life, Kasaragod's medical officer said on Sunday. A total of 18 students have been admitted to the hospital and the condition of all is stable.

Also Read: Vladimir Putin gets ready for cancer surgery, To whom he will transfer his power?- Watch Video

 

Related videos

यह भी पढ़ें

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.Accept