Keeping in mind the programs being held on 25th and 26th January 2022, the Delhi Police has issued some traffic advisories for the public to avoid jams and accidents. According to this advisory the Republic day parade will begin at 10:20 am from Vijay Chowk and will move towards the Red fort.And because of this the roads and traffic on the roads between the route of Vijay chowk and India Gate will be fully blocked by the police and no vehicle will be allowed on the route. Other than this, Rafi Marg, Janpath and Maansingh Marg will also be closed from 11 am. The Delhi traffic police has also appealed to the public to stop using the route from 2am to 12:30 pm on 26th January. Separate routes have been made for people who want to travel in that direction and who want to go to New and Old Delhi Railway stations. To maintain the safety, the parking in the metro stations will also be closed for more than 24 hours like every year.
These are the measures taken by the Delhi Police for 26th January:-
- On Rajpath, the route from Vijay Chowk to India Gate will be closed from 25th January evening 6pm to 26th January till the parade ends.
- From 11pm on 25th January the routes on Rafi Marg, Janpath and Maan Singh Marg will be closed and there will be no cross traffic.
- The “C- section” - India Gate will be closed for traffic from morning 2 am on 26th January till the parade ends.
- From 4am the Tilak Marg, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg and Subhash Marg will be closed for traffic too.
Changes in Bus routes:-
- Park street, Aaram Bagh road, Gol chakkar Kamla Market and I.G stadium, Pragati Maidan, Hanuman Mandir, Mori Gate, Kashmiri Gate ISBT, Sarai Kale Khan ISBT and Tis Hazari court route buses will be closed.
- The buses from Ghaziabad for Shivaji Stadium will go from NH-24, Ring road and will stop on Bhairon Road.
- The buses running on NH-24 will have to turn right from Road 56 and will end on Anand Vihar ISBT.
- The buses coming from Ghaziabad will be diverted towards Bopara Chungi.