The Char Dham Yatra, which was scheduled to start next month in Uttarakhand, has been cancelled. According to Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat, this decision has been taken in view of increasing cases of corona infection. He said that the doors of Chardham will open on the scheduled dates, but the yatra will be postponed for the time being. A decision will be taken to allow local residents in the coming days as per the given circumstances. However, only the priests of the temples located in Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri will be allowed to perform rituals and worship. The Char Dham Yatra was scheduled to begin from May next month.
Uttarakhand government has suspended Char Dham Yatra this year in view of #COVID19 situation in the state. Only priests of the four temples will perform rituals and puja: Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat— ANI (@ANI) April 29, 2021
(File photo) pic.twitter.com/No6I9G2WDx
The famous Chardham Yatra of Uttarakhand, called Dev Bhoomi, was to begin from May next month. During this, lakhs of devotees visit Uttarakhand every year and go on the holy journey of Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri. Meanwhile, on the day of Akshaya Tritiya, the date for the opening of the doors of Kedarnath and Badrinath Dham has already been announced. Kedarnath kapat will be opened on 17 May and Badrinath kapat will be opened on 18 May. At the same time, the Yamunotri Dham kapat will be opened on 14 May, while the Gangotri Dham kapat will be opened on 15 May.
For the Char Dham Yatra, IRCTC had introduced a tour package under which a fare of Rs 43850 per person was fixed from Delhi for the 11 days 12 days tour package. Apart from this, booking of buses was also started but due to the Corona epidemic, no booking was done. Last week, Sudhir Roy, President of the Travel Management Joint Relations Committee, told the news agency PTI that every year at least 500 buses used to get booked in advance for the journey, but this time no passenger bus has been booked yet.