PM to Address at 5 Pm: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation today at 5 pm. Amid the covid-19 crises, PM talked about the collective work of the country to fight the second wave like a battle. Prime Minister Narendra Modi talked about the ongoing vaccination drive and criticism of the state government for the centre. Following that PM announced that from June 21, the centre will be handling the vaccination process and will deliver free vaccines for all the people above 18 years to states.
See all the key points from PM Modi’s Speech
PM Modi Speech Key Points
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi ended his address by saying that 'we will win the war against Covid together'.
- PM Modi urges people to increase their awareness about vaccination.
- Prime Minister announces that Pradhan Mantri Gareeb Kalyan Anna Yojana will be continued till Diwali so that poor could be helped.
- The Private Hospitals will continue to drive 25% of vaccination: PM Modi
- From now, Private hospitals can only charge a maximum of 150 rs for vaccination says, PM Modi
- From June i.e International Yoga Day, the Centre will provide free vaccines to all the states for people age 18 and above.
- Now the 25% of work which was done by states will now be handled by the centre: PM Modi
- After the demand of the states, vaccine policy was changed. 25% of the work was handled by the state governments, still centre faced criticism: says PM
- The vaccination supply will be increased in the upcoming days and 7 more companies are working on manufacturing different kinds of vaccines.
- 3 more types of Vaccines are developing by the manufacturers and are at the advanced stage.
- PM shares that the nasal vaccine is under the developing stage and will soon be released. The nasal vaccine will further hike up the inoculation drive.
- Prime Minister says that our scientists are working on developing vaccines as soon as possible.
- Till now 23 crore vaccines have already been delivered: PM Modi
- Through our 'Mission Indradhanush' we increased our capacity of vaccination coverage by 90% which was only 60% in 2014: PM Modi
- India got medical Oxygen from all around the world amid the Oxygen shortage.
- We made all efforts to get medical Oxygen from all corners of the world when the country faced a shortage: PM Modi
- Our country has built the medical infrastructure and did everything to fight Coiv like a war.
- We are still fighting the 2nd wave of Covid-19 - PM
- PM's addresses the people of the nation.
The havoc caused by the second wave of corona infection has now subsided. In such a situation, many states including Delhi, Maharashtra and Gujarat have given relaxation in the lockdown. Therefore, in his upcoming address, Prime Minister Narendra Modi can ask people to take precautions and be aware of vaccination.
India's Recovery Rate improving- Union health minister
Meanwhile, on Monday, June 7, Union minister of health and family welfare (MoH&FW) Dr Harsh Vardhan said that India’s recovery rate is improving. Talking in the 28th meeting of the Group of Ministers (GoM) he said that there are 14,01,609 active Covid cases and the country's recovery rate is climbing and stood at 93.94 per cent now.
Let us inform you that now the number of new cases in the country has reached one lakh. At the same time, the number of active cases has come down to 15 lakhs. In such a situation, it is very important to give relaxation in lockdown to speed up the economic wheel of the country. However, along with this, there is also a need to be alert from Covid-19. Because experts have warned about the third wave of coronavirus infection.
Coronavirus India Update
Meanwhile, India reports 1,00,636 new cases of Covid-19 in the last 24 hours adding to the country's tally to 2,89,09,975. The death toll of the country stands at 3,49,186 recording 2,427 deaths in the last 24 hours. However, 2,71,59,180 people have been recovered from the virus and the graph of active cases in India stands at 14,01,609.